The main reason for acclimation is to give a coral time to adjust to different temperatures and water conditions. WE recommend the following for acclimation of your new Motor city coral. You can never take too long Acclimating a new coral, they will only benefit from taking your time.
- You should always float the bag in your tank for a min of an hour to allow temperatures time to adjust and acclimate as close together as possible.
- Open bag and add a small amount of your tank water into the holding bag\container.
- After doing step two for a min half hour discard a portion of the water, start step two over again this time using a half cup over water at a time with less time in between (if you were adding water every ten min, then start every 5 min).
- At this point you can discard all water in bag, never adding it to your aquarium, and add you new Coral or fish to the tank.
- Motor City Coral’s suggest using a quality coral dip of your choice before adding any new coral’s or fish to your tank, even though we have taken the steps before its never a bad idea. We recommend following the directions on the manufacturers bottle for coral/Fish health.